Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday, July 25

"Write Your Blessed Name" ASYC Alumni Song from NC Baptist All-State Youth Choir on Vimeo.


Counselors version of "You Pulled Me Through" from NC Baptist All-State Youth Choir on Vimeo.



It was a great ASYC tour year. I hope you will remain secure in your faith in knowing how much God loves you. - Michael

Greystone Baptist Concert, July 25 a.m. from NC Baptist All-State Youth Choir on Vimeo.


"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5-6. I know that at the beginning of the week, I wasn't feeling my best for ASYC. I knew that for the past year, since I missed ASYC, my life fell apart. However, coming to a concert last year helped me remember that God is always there for me, no matter what happens in my life. This week, ASYC has brought happiness, sorrow, sympathy, anxiety, and strength and comfort. For years, I have been struggling with radioactivity in my system and also dealing with the loss of family and close friends, but even in the midst of the storm, God is there.
I felt so lost and confused through so many situations as I worry about the future, but last night, as I was speaking with Parker Young, God told me not to worry about my FUTURE but be SECURE in the present. That's what that scripture (Proverbs 3:5-6) is all about. I love God so much, and at times, I have doubted God before, but after letting me go through circumstances, all He wants is for me to cling to Him! I am secure in His arms, and I pray that even as I go to college next month, I will remember that God is my rock and my refuge. In Him, I WILL find security, peace, strength, and comfort. This family, even if only for a week, has awaken my sleeping potential for spreading Christ's word, and I hope and pray that everyone this week did gain something life-changing as I have. "No storm can shake my inmost calm while to that Rock I'm clinging. Since Love (Christ Jesus) is Lord of Heaven and Earth, How can I keep from singing?" Be Blessed and remember GIGAT (God Is Good All the Time!).
-Charles

I have spent 4 weeks of my life with this choir and I can honestly say they have been some of the absolute best. Every year has meant something to me in a different way. I love every single one of these people whether I have met them or not. ASYC has a special place in my heart and it's sad that I wont be back. I plan on being at A LOT of concerts over the next years. If you are reading this and you have the opportunity to be in ASYC, please audition. Be a part of this awesome ministry. If you have the chance to be a 4 year, be one! My 4 years were great and I can't wait to hear the choir next year. I'm going to miss this so much. :(
-Caroline

I feel so blessed to have been a part of this youth choir for the past three years. The impact that this group and my experiences here have had on my life is tremendous. I have met some of the most wonderful people in the world through this group. I struggled throughout high school to find a close group of friends, but every summer when I come to All State I know this is where I belong. No one is judgmental of me and I am completely confident in who I am. This week was special for me because I realized that I have worries and feelings about certain things that have happened in my life that I need to take care of. Before coming to All State this year, I just pushed back my emotions and it was tearing me down. I realized this during our visit to the Mental Hospital. This past November, a family in my
church was lost because their father suffered from a mental illness. When we were at the Mental Hospital I realized that I had not dealt with my feelings about what had happened. I am now willing to talk about what happened and to share my feelings about it with others. I also felt God telling me to major in Psychology, which is what I have always wanted to do. With this major I will be able to help people who suffer from mental illnesses and to hopefully keep someone from losing loved ones in the same tragic way that I did. All State has been such a blessing to me and I am so thankful that I was able to be a part of it.
-Christina

Last night was our final family group time for all of the members in All State Youth Choir; aka cry night. I honestly did cry. I cried because i did not want to leave such a loving family and that how much we could minister to people. I think about it now and i realize that i can still communicate with this family, and minister to people that i have here. But most importantly i cried because my life is changed forever. This week has showed me that God is with you no matter what, and the people that love Christ will never leave you either. They'll check up on you to see if you are doing ok, if you have any troubles or doubts. They are always there for you. This is the final day of All State Youth Choir. It is hard to face to think about because i don't want to leave this family that i've joined. You can really feel the presence of God and the love for each other all around. Anyone that thought about doing this and reading this, i'm begging you to join next year. You will really enjoy being in a such a caring, loving setting that is for the Lord.
Josiah

As a four year member and someone who has not blogged yet this week, I look back and reminisce on all of the laughs, cries, and times spent as a member of All-State Youth Choir. I can honestly say that nothing in my life has been equal to All-State, and I don't believe any other experience can match the joy, friendship, love, and openness that are associated with ASYC. Last night was the final sharing time (aka cry night); but unlike past years when all I can do is sob and reach for the tissues/rolls of toilet paper, last night I laughed more than I cried. I was curious as to why this was, and in my contemplation, I realized that this year's songs and themes have touched my heart in different ways than the music from 2007's Light Your World, 2008's Never Give Up, and 2009's Pass the Peace. The music and theme chosen for this year have given me the confidence that God is with me always and that I can go off to college and be secure and sure of my faith; and this realization brings me such joy. The music of this year is powerful and joyful: It puts a smile on my face and brings me happiness. I'm pretty sure tonight will be a tearful time, for it will be my last time singing as a member of ASYC; but I know that the friendships and connections I've gained from being a four year member will last me a lifetime, and I look forward to continuing the friendships I've made with the other All-Staters going to Appalachian. If you are reading this and still have time to be a part of All-State, try out and join without any hesitation, for ASYC is AWESOME!!! And All-State has taught me that I honestly don't know how I can keep from singing. :) I love you and will miss you guys!
Alison

It's honestly hard to think it's over already. I admit I came to it not knowing quite what to expect, very quiet and self-conscious; but almost instantly I was welcomed warmly and brought into this close-knit family. All of it was fun: the people, the songs, even the bus rides (though sometimes they did edge toward tediousness). My only regret is that, as a senior, I won't be able to come back next year, as much as I'd want to. It's a sad thought... I encourage those who have considered trying out, considered joining the choir: do it. Try it. It's exhausting, and sometimes it's frustrating, but... all in all, it's well worth all the trouble. Since Love is Lord of heaven and Earth, how can I keep from singing?
-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment